ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE [ESL] TUTORING
Our English as a Second Language program is available, free of cost, to adults who live or work in Needham and are committed to learning English.
- beginners to advanced students
- work one on one with a tutor.
- once a week sessions
- conversation groups also available
Click here to submit an ESL student application.
After we receive your application, we will schedule a meeting with you to learn more about your English speaking needs and will assign a tutor as soon as one is available.
Click here to submit an application to be an ESL Tutor. Tutor Trainings are offered twice a year, usually in January and September. Once the next training date is confirmed, we will contact you to confirm your availability.
If you have any questions, please call us at 781-444-2415 or click here to email us.
- trained in a six week training course, no fees
- six-month commitment to your student
- meet once a week at a mutually convenient time and location
- support and materials provided
- tutoring locations flexible; can be arranged by Council
- to form lasting friendships; help Needham neighbors
- some students have studied for citizenship exams and prepared for college entrance exams
- some are interested in learning basic, everyday English - to help with grocery shopping, maneuvering around town, living in the U.S., reduce isolation, etc.
- Other students are more advanced, and wish to study reading and writing
- The program is varied, and reaches out to all levels of students.