Email CAP | Apply to be a Volunteer | CAP Info Guide |
CAP Volunteer Description |CAP Calendar
CHILD ASSAULT PREVENTION PROGRAM [CAP]
SAFE • STRONG • FREE
- Who? Elementary school children
- What? Simple strategies to reduce a child's vulnerability to verbal, physical and sexual assault and violence with emphasis on assertiveness, peer support and turning to trusted adults for assistance
- Leaders? Trained volunteer Prevention Specialists present classroom workshops in teams of 3
- How? Basic, age-appropriate, skill-oriented, interactive workshops; role plays
- Support for parents and teachers? Yes, we help adults respond to children who need their help and to support problem-solving strategies; we provide community education programs for adult groups upon request
- When? During school year, during school hours. Volunteers are asked to commit 6 hours per month for at least one school year
- Training? Prior to beginning to present classroom workshops, all CAP volunteers are required to attend the Prevention Specialist Training
- How can I be part of CAP? Call Needham CAP at (781) 444-2415 x 2120 or email email@example.com for additional information or to learn about volunteer opportunities.
Click here to download an application to be a CAP volunteer and the CAP Adult Information Guide
Are you already a CAP volunteer? Click here!